Getting the best price for your home requires “staging” the property. Read part one of our guide for some cheap simple ideas to increase the saleability of your home.
Declutter – not too far
• Tidy away clutter that has taken residence in every corner. Put it in boxes away in the garage.
• Buyers will try to imagine living in your home so push away anything taking up space and let your buyers imagine what they could do with all that space.
• Although you are decluttering, don’t make it look like a hotel; leave some personality. It gives suggestions to buyers for what they might do.
• First time buyers or people moving up the property ladder are also buying into a lifestyle. Show off the lifestyle potentials of your home.
• Remove furniture that makes the room feel small and try replacing with some smaller objects.
A fresh lick of paint
• Painting your walls in neutral paint will make your home seem lighter and bigger
• It will give potential buyers the blank canvas for them to add their touches.
• It will be easier for the buyers to move in and use the rooms immediately.
• Create doorstep appeal by painting windows, doors and tidying up the garden. Follow the rules of the house and declutter and put away all those toys and garden tools.